WCSO Shooting Range and Training Center
The Wakulla County Shooting Range and Training Center is a public access shooting range operated by Wakulla County Sheriff's Office. The primary function of this range is to provide a training facility for the Wakulla County Sheriff's Office and other law enforcement agencies in our area. However, one of the goals of the Wakulla County Sheriff's Office is to provide a safe firearms shooting facility for public use. To this end, public access is allowed at the range when it does not interfere with Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) training.
The range is open to the public Tuesday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, Tuesday through Thursday, the facility may be restricted to LEO training. To check for availability on days other than Friday and Saturday, please call prior to coming out to the range. WCSO Range (850) 962-1239.
The facilities include:
- Two 10 position paper-target pistol ranges with shooting distances of 7.5 yards to 50 yards
- A six position, 15 yard steel plate range for handguns with 36 knockdown targets
- A six position rifle range (With five additional positions under construction) with target positions from 25 to 100 yards
- Long range for rifles (up to 350 yards) available upon request
- Five stand sporting clays range with three trap machines
- Shotgun patterning range
- Archery Range with a 15-foot high elevated shooting stand
- An outdoor classroom that groups may use for cookouts or meetings
Eye and hearing protection is required for everyone on the shooting lines. Shooters should bring their own paper targets and a stapler to attach the targets to the target stand.